Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our Roots

This is half of a scrapbook page of a hike up Y mountain from nearly eight years ago when Danny and I met at BYU in Provo. I moved into his apartment complex 5 days after I returned home from my mission in Brazil and he spotted me that first Sunday at church. He pursued me and I went with the flow (after much prayer and one of the strongest promptings from the Holy Ghost that I have ever recieved. I didn't want to be one of those returned missionaries, after all, but the Lord had a different plan for me.)
Why do I tell you this? Well, because I consider Provo a wonderful place. It is where we met, fell in love, and began our lives together.
Why is this important today? Because in a little over three months, Provo will again be our home. We found out this week that Danny's company has been chosen to run the new Provo Convention Center and they have chosen Danny as the General Manager. Although we will miss the friends we have made here and the normal routines we have fallen into, we are so excited to move west again and be close to our family. We also look forward to the career opportunity this will give Danny to oversee the completion of the Convention Center, hire all of his staff, and run his own building.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Yay! It's about time (and Provo is much better than Pueblo) :)

David, Kim and I will be there in early Feb, but I guess you won't be there yet :(

Looking forward to seeing you more often!

Ashley A. said...

Wow Laura!! That's awesome for you guys. Now there's more of a chance of us being able to see you sometime, too. And you'll be right by Grandma. When is the big move?

Wheeler Family said...

We are so excited for you!!!

Kim said...

WOW! Very excited for you guys! A little envious that you get to go back west;) What a great promotion for Danny to become General Manager. Has the Convention center opened? Where in Provo is it? Once again Congratulations!

Karin said...

This is so awesome. Danny has done great hasn't he? Hopefully we'll get to see you guys every now and again!

Gawbie's Corner said...

We are very excited for all of you and for us! Laura, what a sweet way of expressing your feelings.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Way to go Danny!!! Nice to have you 2 closer!!! How fun!!! Congrats!

dcall said...

Yeah! I'm excited for you. How fun that with this move you're going to be closer to family. Way to go Danny!