Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birthday Snack

At Alyssa's Preschool, each of the kids has a day in which they get to celebrate their birthday. On this day they get to bring in a snack to share with their class. I got a call back in October asking me when we wanted to bring in Alyssa's Birthday Snack. At the time, I wasn't sure that we would still be here in January, so we chose the second to last day of Preschool in December before the Christmas break(the last day being their Christmas Party and program). We chose a snack that Alyssa likes a lot and that is egg-free for the girl that is allergic to eggs in her class. We also put a little Christmas spin on it because of the upcoming holiday. Here it is before we added the eyes and buttons.
We showed up to an empty parking lot that day, not realizing that school had been cancelled due to a little bit of ice the previous night. We spent a week and a half working on eating all of the rice crispy treats. So on the first day back to school, I set up another day for Alyssa's Birthday Snack. Her teacher and I decided on Jan. 11th. This worked out great for us because Alyssa wanted cupcakes this time and it happened to be the day after Ashley's birthday. These were the ones that we used for Ashley's party, but we used the same one's for Alyssa's class minus the Dora figures and candles. On the morning of the 11th, we woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground. This time, I learned from my mistake and checked for school closings first thing in the morning. We ended up eating cupcakes every day for over a week.
So the next time I dropped Alyssa off for preschool, we rescheduled once again for the following Thursday (today). We watched the weather all week to see if we would bring another snow storm to the area. This is what we woke up to this morning.

This time I learned even more from my mistakes and left the snack like this until I knew that school wouldn't be cancelled.I don't know if we dare reschedule again. We feel so bad for Alyssa because she is so excited to have her Birthday Snack with her class. We have just had bad luck with this whole snack thing. Hopefully we will have a chance to do it before we move in March.

2 comments:

Ashley Hancock said...

Poor girl, and what bad luck! You move in March? That is fast. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That makes me laugh! Tell her that some friends in Oregon will make and eat CUpcakes for her brithday, today cause that sounds great right now!