Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pigtails

I've been in kind of a picture taking funk lately. It's probably due to the fact that my mind is on all the things that need to get done in the next few weeks before we move. However, I wanted to post something new on our blog.

When I got Ashley ready for the day yesterday, I decided to put pigtails in her hair. After I finished, I said "Go show Daddy how pretty you look." Alyssa happened to be standing right next to us when I said that, so she wanted me to do her hair just like Ashley's. I was shocked. Alyssa hasn't let me put a ponytail in her hair for at least a year. I didn't argue with her aside from asking if she was sure about this. On the inside I was shouting for joy. You see, we have had such a problem lately with Alyssa chewing on her hair. I think it is disgusting and it creates these nasty knots in her hair. I really want to break the habit, but don't know how to do it. So I saw ponytails as a wonderful way to get the hair out of her face and to keep it away from her mouth. I couldn't get one good shot of both of them, so here are all the pictures I took.


They both looked so cute until the ponytails fell out and then they just went back to their normal hair-in-the-face cuteness.

1 comment:

Ashley Hancock said...

Brynlee Chews on her hair too. I am ready to chop it off becuase of the nasty knots. Maybe Alyssa's turning over a new leaf! Or maybe it's just a fluke.