Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Living Planet Aquarium

For our educational outing last week, I took the girls to the Living Planet Aquarium. We haven't been to an aquarium since Alyssa was 1, so I wasn't sure if they would like it or not. I had planned on just buying day passes, but after arriving there, I noticed that their memberships were only twice as much as the cost of a 1 day ticket. So we got memberships instead and I'm looking forward to taking them back many times over the next year. They actually enjoyed the aquarium more than I expected them too. The only problem we encountered was that Ashley's arms were too short to touch the sting rays. She did enjoy touching these anemones instead.
Alyssa fell down near the sting rays because the floor was wet and slippery. One of the workers saw her fall and came over to check on her. Alyssa didn't seem to be hurting too badly from the fall, but since the worker asked her if she wanted some ice for it, she said yes. In order to get the ice, we had to fill out an incident report. She was excited about the little stuffed turtle that they let her take home. Here she is posing in front of the penguins.
This otter was really playful when we were walking by, so we stopped to watch it for a little while.
 Ashley wanted to pose with pretty much everything that we passed. This is not a real crab, but it obviously seemed picture worthy to her.
 After we finished looking at all of the creatures, we looked around the gift shop. Ashley loved the animal masks that they sold there.
It was a fun afternoon and it will be fun to go and visit it during the winter months.

No comments: