So after Ashley and I thought we were recovered from being sick last weekend, Ashley made a turn for the worst again on Wednesday. Her fever came back and she was more tired than normal. I kept her home from preschool on Thursday and she spent the day sitting on the couch. When Danny got home around 5pm, she was fast asleep on the couch. I was ready to take her to the doctor on Friday, but then she woke up that morning seeming to be recovered. She has been fine since then.
Alyssa had been complaining about her ear hurting all week, so I was going to have her checked out at the doctor on Friday too, but since we didn't end up going, I didn't worry too much about her ear. That is, until she came to me crying in the middle of church yesterday. I pushed her through to the end of church, got her home, gave her medicine and researched home remedies for ear aches. I found one using a little warm pouch of salt, which we tried and it lessened the pain for her. Between medicine and the salt pouch we made it through the night and got her into the doctor first thing this morning. Diagnosis- ear infection on both sides, one of them being ruptured(not sure exactly what that means, but it just sounds bad).
Then there is Danny. He, unfortunately, caught the sickness from either Ashley or myself. He was so careful to wash his hands often and avoid sharing germs. He had a couple of miserable days and then he seemed to be better, just like Ashley. Saturday morning, his fever returned, he developed a cough and then it turned into full on cold symptoms by yesterday afternoon.
We are so ready to be done with sickness. We felt like we have avoided it for most of the winter, but somehow our luck ran out.
No comments:
Post a Comment