Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Happened

So I decided it was probably time to move on from the Halloween post considering we have said goodbye to 2014. Christmas happened in our house, even though I was far too busy the past 4 weeks to document it. I took the kids over to the mall to ride the train and visit Santa.
 I made them matching jammies, as usual, to wear for Christmas morning. They are sure lucky to receive so many presents. They loved them all and we even managed to get them to obey our Christmas morning rules(i.e. No waking mom and dad up before 6:30, and Do not go downstairs until we tell you it is okay). Christmas morning went much more smoothly this year than last because they obeyed the rules. Their big gift this year was two days at Disneyland before going on our Cruise.
 This little sweetie turned 9. We celebrated by going to the Japanese Steakhouse for dinner(one of the only places open on Christmas and it is one of her favorite places to eat). She got to stand on the chair and "Shake her bootie." We failed to get a video of it. After dinner we came back to the house for presents, cake, and ice cream. She got a lot of doll accessories to go with her "Our Generation" doll.
 Ashley loves her big stuffed dog and insists that her dogs are part of the family. For Christmas she got a puppy that looks exactly like this stuffed dog. Sometimes it is hard to tell the fake dogs apart from the real Casey.
 This isn't really Christmas related, but I found this cute picture of Tyler and couldn't resist posting it. He loved Christmas and caught on really fast to the idea of opening presents. His big gift this year was a train set that he loves to play with.
Oh, and our biggest news of the season is that we found out we will be having another little boy, due in early May. We are so excited for the new addition he will be to our family and that Tyler will have a little playmate in the coming years.

1 comment:

Stoddard Family said...

Congratulations on another boy. I am sure he will be a wonderful addition to your family.