Monday, November 9, 2020

Carving Pumpkins

We almost forgot to carve pumpkins this year. The kids wanted to carve them the night we brought them home from the pumpkin patch. But I told them it was too early and that they would rot before Halloween. My plan was to carve them the weekend before Halloween, but that weekend came and went and must have been busy because I totally spaced it. The Thursday before Halloween arrived and the pumpkins still hadn't been carved, so I told the kids we were doing it after dinner, or not at all. When they brought them inside, we were sad to realize that most of the pumpkins were soft and sad looking. I guess our first hard freeze got to them. It was pretty gross, but we carved them anyways.

A scary face(with Forky eyes) - Tyler

A character from Ashley's imaginary game - Tyler


A normal pumpkin face with "BOO" for the mouth(Camden came up with that on his own)


And Luigi(from Super Mario Bros. That is Camden's favorite character right now)

Now that I'm looking at these pictures, I'm realizing that I didn't even take pictures of Ashley and Alyssa's pumpkins. They finished carving theirs after the boys and I was already busy getting the boys cleaned up and ready for bed. The boys ended up with 4 pumpkins each. A big and a little from the pumpkin patch, a medium sized one from school, and a little one from their friend's birthday party. They painted the small ones and carved the bigger ones. Ashley carved a dog with it's owner. Alyssa made a pretty ordinary triangle eyed pumpkin face.

No comments: