Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ashley is a "Tweenager"

We celebrated Ashley's 13th birthday in quarantine and on Sunday. We had to be creative to make it exciting for her. the day started with balloons falling into her room. I had limited supplies, so it didn't look as impressive as I had envisioned it, but she still thought it was fun.

For her presents, Danny made her "A Series of Unfortunate Events" themed scavenger hunt. She loves that book series and the Netflix show, so she loved it.
Her cake was also in the same theme as the scavenger hunt. It was appropriate since it was her 13th birthday and there are 13 books.
I had to order supplies off of Amazon, and they barely showed up in time, but she loved the cake so I considered it a success.

We love our Ashley girl. We had to come up with a new term - "tweenager" because Ashley does not want to be considered a teenager. She says that people always say that word like it is a bad thing. I guess we will have to be careful not to let it slip over the next 5 years. Ashley is still a child at heart. She still loves to play imagination games with her friends and her brothers. She LOVES dogs!!! She does not like school, especially math, but she loves being with friends. She is our best eater, always willing to try everything I put on the table. She loves going on family vacations and outings. Mostly, she just loves to have fun. 
On a side note, she got these magnet balls for Christmas and discovered that they stick to certain parts of the wall. She decided to make a fun design for us all to enjoy. It didn't last long because a lot of us stick close to that wall as we come down the stairs and head towards the kitchen. We kept accidentally bumping them and ruining the design.
 

No comments: