Friday, November 5, 2021

Soccer and Basketball

Camden finished up his soccer season towards the end of September and went straight into his basketball season. He had fun playing soccer. He wasn't the most talented player on his team. but he got in there and had some good kicks in every game. 
He is enjoying basketball, as well. We try to get him to practice shooting outside, but he hasn't quite picked up the habit of doing it on his own. He will go out with Danny and shoot. I pointed out to him the other day when I was picking him up from a play date how his friend was practicing shooting the basketball all by himself. this friend is one of the best shooters on their team. I tried to explain to Camden that practicing a skill is what makes you get better at doing stuff. He has done well with basketball, though. He makes a shot or two in each of his games. It is nice that the kids aren't allowed to steal the ball while dribbling at this age. It gives him a chance to shoot the ball occasionally.

 

No comments: