Friday, July 15, 2022

Leo Carillo Beach

Our beach day was perfect. We headed out fairly early with towels, an umbrella, blanket, picnic lunch, sand toys, frisbee, boogie boards, and trackball. The kids loved splashing in the waves and got pretty brave going further and further in until a big wave knocked the boys over. Ashley tried boogie boarding after I gave her a quick lesson, but a big wave scared us enough to give it a rest for a while and we never tried it again. The big wave also knocked my sunglasses off of my head, never to be found again. I was super sad about that.
Ashley was happy to discover that Leo Carillo was a dog beach. There were so many dogs there that day and she was able to pet a lot of them.
She also collected about 500 sand crabs. She had intended to take them home with us, but I told her that they would not survive away from the beach, so she released them back into the ocean right before we left.

I was not as successful in talking the boys into leaving their rock collection on the beach. We did, at least, leave some of them, but brought way more than we should have.

 We left the beach around 4 pm and got home to enjoy dinner and the evening with Grandpa.

No comments: