I got to go with Tyler on his first field trip of the year (he gets to go on about 1 field trip per month this school year). The field trip was a hike up to Timpanogas Cave with a tour of the cave included. We had a group of about 10 kids with 4 adults to watch over them. I guess they were concerned about the kids safety. The kids did really well hiking. Tyler is a pretty good hiker, so he was at the front of the group most of the time.
When we got to the top, we had a quick snack while we waited for our tour to begin.
The cave was pretty cool. I took a lot of pictures inside, but a lot of them turned out blurry. We learned a lot about cave formation and how the rangers are able to tell certain things, just by looking at the designs in the rock of the cave.
We had a quick lunch break after we got done with the tour. And then we hiked back down the mountain. The hike down was a lot easer for the kids than the hike up.
I was glad that I got to go on this field trip with him.






No comments:
Post a Comment