Monday, September 22, 2008

The Blank Park Zoo

We had a beautiful week of weather this past week, so I decided it was the perfect week to take Alyssa to the Zoo. We haven't been at all this year and she got a free pass from the Library summer reading program. The day we chose to go was the best weather day of the week too. We invited another little girl and her mom to go with us. They had a lot of fun together, but I forgot to take out the camera until after they left, so all of the pictures are just of Alyssa. Here she is getting a drink from the Hippos mouth.
Alyssa is finally learning how to smile somewhat normal for picture taking. We are so happy.
This giraffe was so close to the fence and there weren't any other kids around, so I took a lot of pictures. Even Ashley is staring at it.
There is that smile again.
This area of the zoo has all of the smaller things like fish, insects, snakes, and birds. Alyssa is trying out the rope bridge.
It turned out to be a very good day for the zoo. Ashley and Alyssa were very good for me. Ashley even took a fairly long nap for the stroller which was nice. And both girls concked out after we got home.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Does Alyssa still take naps?? Lucky you! I miss the Blank Park zoo, it's the perfect size for kids, not super huge or too small. Your girls are so cute.

Wheeler Family said...

I love going to zoos. What a fun trip!