
For those of you who don't remember, I tried to potty train Alyssa last year in August. It was a disaster, in my opinion. The unexpected problem that I encountered was that the little girl didn't have accidents to correct because she hardly ever went pee. As a result, I gave up. I also knew we would be moving soon and I didn't want that to cause problems. Well, when Grandma Wheeler was here, she got Alyssa excited about going potty on her potty chair. I didn't push it after they left, because I kind of decided from the last failed attempt, that Alyssa was probably going to have to figure it out herself. I know I don't have the patience to follow her around for 5 hours waiting for her to pee. We are now on her sixth day in a row without having any accidents. I didn't even suggest going potty for the first two or three days. She always came to me and told me she had to go. It's exactly what I have been waiting for her to do. I'm glad that it happened before I gave in and decided she was too old to be wearing diapers.
2 comments:
Wow, that is great that she has decided to do it all on her own. Potty training is defiantely not my favorite thing. It's a test of my patience in so many ways. I'm glad that it's going well for you and her.
Yay for Alyssa! That is awesome that she did mostly on her own.
Elizabeth was the same way! She would go hours between going potty so if she had an accident, it was always so frustrating to me because it was like we missed our chance for the morning. I waited and tried again when she was 3 and it was so much better. Her big bladder comes in handy now on long car trips. :) Anyway, I am potty training Natalie right now, too, and she's finally got it down, thank goodness.
Post a Comment