Last week, there was a public works fair not too far from our house. I wasn't really sure what to expect when we went, but another mom that I talked to at the library said everything was free, so we went to check it out. The first two things the girls noticed when we were walking up to it were the orange balloons that every other kid had and this:

They had to ride on the Choo-Choo Train, so here they are waiting in line (big sister is making sure little sister stays in line and doesn't run out in front of the train).

I attempted to take a few pictures of us on the train and this was the best of all of the shots - even though it is still not very good.

They loved the train ride. After it was over, they were finally able to move on and look at the other stuff. We went to hunt down the balloons, but discovered that they were all gone. The first thing we came to was a big "Red Light, Green Light" game with a real traffic light. Alyssa joined in right away. Ashley even took one turn, but didn't quite get it, so I had to go in and move her out of the way so they could continue the game. (It may look like Alyssa is in the front, but she never really stopped for the "red lights." Hopefully that changes before she starts driving.)
After "Red Light, Green Light" we went and explored all of the different trucks and tractors that they could climb in. I didn't take pictures in all of them, because that would have been a pretty boring group of pictures, but here are a few that I did get shots of.

This was a recycling truck that they let the kids control the big claw on the side of the truck. Both girls liked that.

We had already eaten lunch before going to this fair, but learned after we got there that they were providing free food too. When there wasn't a line for the food, we went to check it out. We enjoyed some potato chips, cookies, and water. It was a fun afternoon for all of us. The only group that I thought was missing, was the fire station with a fire truck and ambulance. I guess they were busy actually doing their job.
3 comments:
That looks so fun. Your girls are getting so big!
Fun! Good thing you went to check it out.
How fun! Just make sure you get the red light/ green light teaching down. That could be useful. Thanks for sharing. Wish we could be there!
Post a Comment