Danny finally gave me something that I have wanted for a long time now. We figured with Alyssa turning 5 in a couple of months that it was a good time for it. Here is our new addition...

Danny found it on Craigslist. When we were going over to look at it, I didn't have high expectations. We had a 2 month period awhile back where we looked at a lot of pianos that were advertised on Craigslist and none of them felt right to me. When I sat down to play this piano, I felt a lot better about it than I had with any in the past. It is badly in need of a tuning job, but it sounds good to me considering. We think it will be a good piano for us as we are teaching our kids how to play and keeping the little ones from touching it. It is a definate improvement from the keyboard that I have been using to practice for the past 5 years.

Alyssa has shown a lot of interest in the piano recently and since this one has been in our home, she has asked me numerous times to teach her new song to play. I will probably find her some piano books to give her for Christmas and then start teaching her for real after that. So far it has mostly been "Chopsticks" and some other simple songs like that.
2 comments:
I love your piano. It looks great. We just acquired one recently too. I really like your family picture. Where is that? You look great.
Yeah! It looks like a nice piano.
Post a Comment