Monday, October 11, 2010

Playdough

We are going through a playdough phase in our house. I can't remember how it started. I just remember something happening that encouraged me to pull out the long hidden playdough. However, when I found it and pulled it out, I realized that my playdough stash was all dried out. So I used a recipe that Gawbie passed on to us a long time ago and made our own homemade playdough (it is a recipe that uses kool-aid for the coloring). I even let Alyssa pick out the color. She picked her favorite color, purple, which also happened to be grape flavored. It turned out pretty good and has provided for hours of entertainment since. Alyssa loves that it smells good.
We had these playdough toys with the dried-up stash that we had gotten in a happy meal or something a long time ago. The girls love using them to make "cookies" and faces in their dough.
It makes a big mess of our kitchen floor and table, but they sure love playing with it.

No comments: