Alyssa talked me into doing a kids baking camp again this summer. I decided to do it once a week for 8 weeks instead of doing it 5 days in a row. I had a lot of repeat girls, but also a few new ones. It worked better this way. I was really bad about taking pictures while the girls were baking, but I did snap a couple of shots of their creations, plus a couple on the last day of class. We did the following categories for each of the 8 days: Donuts, Bars, Muffins, Cakes, Bread, Pies, Cookies, and Dessert Imposters. Here is a picture of our Imposters(Hamburger, meatloaf, French fries, mashed potatoes, breadsticks, chicken nuggets, and pizza-all made out of dessert items).
Here is Alyssa's cake that she made on cake day.
I will miss the baking, but not the mess...
I had a lot of interest in the camp this year and ended up having to turn 5 girls away. As it was, the 13 girls I had was a little hard to handle. I felt like the 9 I had last summer was a good number. We'll see if I decide to do it again next year and what changes I make in order to make it more manageable.
No comments:
Post a Comment