Thursday, June 24, 2021

Camden's 6th Birthday

Camden turned 6 this year. He requested a super mario bros cake, so I looked up some ideas and showed them to him. This is the one he chose. The layers were fairly easy to decorate, but I was a bit nervous about having it stacked so high. It was also tricky to back 4 different sizes of cakes, but I think it turned out pretty well. He was happy with it, anyways.
Camden's birthday fell on a Saturday and he requested that we go to Boondock's so that he could play some mini golf. We let him invite a couple of friends since we knew we would be doing a birthday party for Tyler this year and I don't do multiple parties so close together. He invited his friend, Cameron, and his friend, Pierce. Boondocks was a mistake, for Saturday. I have never seen it so busy there. We basically did everything they could do, once, and called it good. 
Pierce fell into the water getting off of the bumper boats. I felt so bad for him.
Danny had a Karen moment when the lady in front of us on the 4d ride decided it was okay for her to wait in line while the rest of her family went off to do other things. And then when it was her turn, she called them over and they all went in front of us, delaying our wait time 10 minutes. He gave her and the employee a piece of his mind, though it didn't change anything.
We also had a few mishaps during mini golf because the kids thought they were playing actual golf and the clubs hit others during their swing.

After boondocks, we headed back to our house for presents and cake.


He had a fun birthday, celebrating with his friends and family.
 

No comments: