Lula had another litter of puppies in February. Usually the breeders are pretty on top of things and they check her often when they think she is getting close. On Thursday, Feb. 4th, I was eating lunch and heard her whimpering. As I looked closer to see what was bothering her, I noticed some fluid in her crate. I called the breeders and they came right over to check her. They said she was in labor and they took her back to their house. She had the first puppy 2 hours later. Then another one shortly after. We were worried that Ashley was not going to make it home from school in time, but we got her there to see number 4 born. And that was the last one. She only had 4 puppies this time. But they were still cute and fun to watch grow up.
This is Alyssa with one of the puppies right before they went off to their new homes. It is 8 weeks old.
We should only have to go through one more pregnancy and litter of puppies and then they are done breeding her. That will be nice to have her with us full time.




No comments:
Post a Comment