Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Christmas

We had a nice Christmas. We got home from California on Tuesday evening. the boys had their 2nd covid shots scheduled for Wednesday morning, so I went with them and asked if they could squeeze me in for my booster shot at the same time. They did and we all went on our way. The next day (Christmas Eve) I was feeling a bit off. Not really sick with covid symptoms, just not feeling great. We went to Gawbie and grandpa's house that afternoon for the Wheeler Family Christmas party. We had a pancake bar for dinner, Gawbie read us a story about Santa Claus, we acted out the nativity, had a visit from Santa, and then opened presents. It was a fun night, but I was still not feeling great. That night I noticed that my arm was red, swollen, and hot at the injection site.
It lasted through Christmas and the day after and then gradually got better. It was followed by some slight cold symptoms (not sure if they were related). It was nice when I started feeling normal again.
 Danny and I attended his work Christmas Party (Alyssa came with us to work it as a server, as well). We were supposed to dress up as our favorite Christmas movie character. We went as George and Mary Baily from "It's A Wonderful Life."
Our elf on the shelf, Peter, had a funny moment in the bathroom in early December.
The kids were excited for their new jammies on Christmas Eve. This is our last picture with Peter for the year.
We always get a picture on the stairs Christmas morning before heading down for presents. Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for starting that tradition.
The kids with the gifts on Christmas Morning.
That evening, we celebrated Alyssa's birthday by going to Tepanyaki, as usual. Then we opened presents and had some ice cream. We saved her birthday treat for her sweet 16 party that we had a few days later.

No comments: