We had a nice Independence Day. We skipped the parade in the morning and just hung around the house and played games together. I was feeling ambitious and made some last-minute gluten free sugar cookies. They turned out super cute and they actually tasted good, too.
I especially loved the flag ones.We had an early BBQ because we had tickets to Stadium of Fire. Alyssa was working the event and asked us if we could drive her so she didn't have to deal with parking. We weren't going to do it, but Danny decided that he would rather not have her driving herself home so late on the 4th of July. Since we took her early, we had a couple of hours to kill. We went over to the convention center with our drone and laser tag guns. We played around in the expo hall with both for a bit and then we played hide and seek throughout the whole building. Then we went up on the rooftop to enjoy the views. Last, we headed to the kitchen for some drinks and snacks. Oh, we also stopped in the ballroom and Danny took the kids for a ride on the lift. Tyler was a bit nervous, but Ashley and Camden loved it.
When we felt like we had killed enough time, we left the car parked at the Convention Center and we rode the bus over to the stadium. Our seats were on the north side and we had plenty of room to spread out since we had 5 extra tickets that we didn't manage to give away before the event. The show was good, besides the mishap with the fireworks at the beginning that shot into the crowd and sent some people to the hospital.
I thought I would know a lot more of the Jonas Brothers songs than I did, but I enjoyed singing along to the ones that I did know. The fireworks were cool, as always. This year they added colorful drones to the show that would fly around and make different shapes and words in the sky. They continued to appear in the middle of fireworks throughout the show. It was pretty cool. After the show, we hung out with Alyssa for a bit, knowing that she was going to have to stay until the stadium was clear. This was a mistake as it put us behind a lot of the crowd. We piled onto a crowded bus but were able to snag the seats across the back. Then the bus started moving and proceeded to crawl away from the stadium next to the Marriot Center parking lot. I think it was almost an hour before we were actually moving again. By that time, Alyssa was done working and had started the mile and a half walk to the Convention Center. We caught up to her about 6 blocks from the car and got off the bus so that we could walk the rest of the way with her. We got home close to 1pm and we all slept in late after getting to sleep so late.




No comments:
Post a Comment