Sunday, July 21, 2024

Nprthern Lights in Utah?

In May, the news happened to be on as we were getting ready for bed and they kept talking about the Northern Lights being visible further south than usual. They were making a really big deal about it so I peeked out the window to see if the sky looked different. It was about 10:30 and I didn't see anything unusual, so I told Alyssa about it and went to bed. She happened to be in Colorado at the time so I wondered if she could see it better than us. I went to bed and didn't think much of it until the next morning when I saw a string of messages from my neighbors. They had captured these photos from our neighborhood. I also learned that they are not visible with the naked eye.





I also had a text from Alyssa and she was able to capture this picture from a window in Colorado. She said that she couldn't see a difference, but thought that the sky looked different, so she took a picture and this is what it looked like.
I tried a little harder the next night to see it since there was a chance of seeing them again, but there was still nothing. No one else saw them around us either that 2nd night.

No comments: