On Friday, Alyssa had an Etiquette Lunch at school to celebrate finishing the book "Little Women." I was able to arrange babysitting for the boys and go in to help serve the food. The numbers in her class worked out just right to allow for 1 table of girls and 2 tables of boys. The girls were still escorted in by a boy, but then after seating the girls, the boys went to their own tables. The food was served in 3 different courses with musical numbers performed by the students in between each course. The first course was a salad and a roll.
I was especially happy to be there because Alyssa was one of the students that got to perform a musical number. She learned part of "Fur Elise" to play for her class.
She did a really good job on her piece and she even ate and liked all of the food.
The second course was chicken, rice, and green beans.
The final course was apple slump and ice cream. One of the moms even let the kids cut her hair at the end like Jo from the book. I had to duck out a little early to go and get the boys, but I was glad that I was able to be there for most of it.




No comments:
Post a Comment