It has been a long time since I have updated our blog, so I have a lot of catching up to do. The last time I posted something was back in September. We have had a lot of stuff happen since then. I will start with a few pictures from the end of summer and the beginning of the fall. First, our stake has been doing a daddy/daughter dance for many years for the primary aged girls. This year, for the first time, they did a mother/son activity. It was a movie night. I took the boys but did not plan well and we ended up squished in the very back of the gym with some tall moms in front of us. The boys enjoyed the popcorn and candy, but we didn't see or hear a whole lot of the movie. We still had fun, though.
Tyler surprised us with his request to play flag football. We didn't even know he liked football. I think he mostly wanted to sign up because his best friend at school was playing. So we requested to have them on the same team. He had fun learning a new sport. We had fun watching something different. Our biggest disappointment for the season was that his coach (who was super dedicated, holding 2 practices a week on top of the game) wanted to win their games. As a result, Tyler only ever got to play as a lineman. I would have liked to see him be able to play all of the positions equally. But other than that, he had fun He has asked to try again this year.
My car window got a bit of a crack in it, thanks to Alyssa's foot. She obviously didn't mean to crack the window. She claims that she hardly pushed on it. She was in the passenger seat and had her feet up on the dashboard on the way home from our family reunion in July. She was adjusting her position and the window cracked. I left the crack for a few months, but when the weather turned cold, the crack spread all the way across the windshield, so we felt like we needed to replace it.
Our public pool did a doggy pool party at the end of the swim season, so we took Lula. There were 100s of dogs there. I was shocked by how many people brought their dogs. Lula was not a fan of the water, or the other dogs, mostly. The kids forced her down the slide, which she did not love.

I told them we would take her back on a cooler day, but we still haven't made it back. After the dog park, we went and cooled off at the splash pad that was right next to it. We didn't have swimsuits on, but the boys didn't care. Ashley and I dipped our feet in and that actually did a lot to cool us off.








No comments:
Post a Comment