I made a quick trip down to Arizona for my niece, Rachel's, wedding in January. She was married to JD Hancock in the Snowflake, Arizona temple on January 4. I was grateful to Danny for letting me go. I was also grateful that we were able to find another flight for me when me first scheduled flight down there got cancelled the day before departure due to a plane crash at the Provo airport. Then the second flight we booked kept getting delayed on the afternoon of. The 6pm flight did not leave until closer to 8. But at least it did leave. My brother, David picked me up from the airport around 10 and then we all went to bed quickly.
We were up around 5:30 am the next day for the 3 hour drive to Snowflake. Bunny was sick, so she didn't come with us. Dad was also staying at Davids, so it was just the 3 of us in the car. We got to the temple about an hour early and sat in the waiting room because it was not warm enough outside to sit for very long. People started showing up around 9:30 for the 10 am sealing. The sealing was beautiful. JD had a lot of family there. From our side, we had the 3 in our car. Steve and Pam, and Marjorie's family which exception of Elizabeth who is on a mission and Brigitte's family since Brigitte was due to have a baby any day. My favorite part of the sealing was seeing all of the buffalo plaid mixed throughout the crowd, including socks, ties, skirts, dresses, and jewelry. After the sealing, there were some pictures outside, but Rachel and JD had done a photo shoot at the temple a couple of days earlier so they did not need to stay long.
After the sealing, there was a luncheon just down the street from the temple at a church building. We stayed and ate and visited for an hour or two. After we left the church, we went back with the Williams to their airbnb to help Marjorie with desserts and to visit. Besides, we had nowhere else to go. Then we were off to the reception. The sunset was beautiful that night.

I flew back home the next morning. I was glad that I was able to go to the wedding. Rachel and JD have made a temporary home in Snowflake, and then will move to the Pheonix area in the summer. After that, who knows. But I think their plan is to return back to Snowflake if they can make that work. JD has a lot of family there and Rachel likes the small town feel there






No comments:
Post a Comment